EASY LEMON GREEK(ISH) CHICKEN RECIPE
I've been passing off this recipe quite a lot lately. It’s one of my favourites! My mother-in-law served this to me many moons ago and I’m happy to share it.
There are not a lot of exact measurements or must-haves – play around with it! Add more lemon, more olives, more or less feta; base it on your personal taste. Use a mix of chicken thighs, chicken breast or chicken thighs.
3-4 cubed chicken breasts (seasoned with salt and pepper)
1 lb baby potatoes
½ – 1 cup kalmata or black olives
1-2 medium onions (cut into large chunks)
½ cup fresh lemon (~2 large, freshly squeezed lemons)
½ cup olive oil
Small package cherry tomatoes
1 cup cubed feta
1. Set oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place chicken in 9x13 casserole dish. Next layer the potatoes and olives. Distribute the onions evenly over top.
3. Combine the oil and lemon juice together. Pour over top of the chicken mixture. Salt and pepper dish once again.
4. Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes.
5. Add the following ingredients for the last ~15 minutes of cooking: feta, tomatoes, (generous) fresh basil and oregano leaves.
6. Remove from oven and serve to your ravenous guests!
The key is to keep the lemon juice and oil in equal parts.
If using bone in drumsticks, be sure to turn and baste the chicken so that is ends up nice and crispy!
Total cook time varies from ~45-60 minutes