Mornings just don’t seem to be as leisurely as they used to be. There is no “setting” your baby or toddler’s alarm clock to give you time to get ready in the morning. So, you end up rushing to get those few beauty essentials done before you run out the door.
This is totally my daily life! I have now learned to cut down my daily routine to just a few simple steps!
1. Eyelash Extensions: My favorite “Mom” beauty tip by far (or for anyone in general). These eyelash extensions can last up to three weeks. It’s like waking up with instant eye makeup! That can be all you need to make you look like you spent a little more time making yourself look human (plus it hides those pesky under-eye bags). Where is my recommendation in YYC? Outlash in Kensington – Jessica can do wonders.
2. Primer and Foundation: I use Sephora Primer and Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation. I use a little primer on my face before applying foundation. This just preps my skin and allows the foundation to go on easier. Then I apply a quick layer of foundation to even out my skin tone, cover those under eye bags and any pesky blemishes.
3. Eye shadow Palette: I also use a small amount of eye shadow to fill in my brows. It’s quick and easy and gives a more natural look. I also use the eye shadow in the darkest color to line above my lash-line as eyeliner! It works wonders, and I never have to worry if the line is straight enough (especially in the morning). I use the Naked 2 Palette from Sephora.
4. Blush and Bronzer: GIVE ME COLOR. We don’t have hours to bake in the sun, especially as a busy mom. This is when my handy dandy bronzer comes in to give me a quick boost of color. I use Sephora Collection Bronzer Powder.
5. Blush and Lipstick: Lastly (if I have time at this point), I will add a little blush to my cheekbones and lipstick or gloss (in whatever color I’m feeling). This gives me a bit of pretty color, without looking too overdone! I use Mac - Powder Blush.
After this simple daily routine, I feel fresh and ready to take on my day! Don’t get me wrong, there are still days I end up staying in sweatpants with zero makeup!